With advances in dental ceramics, dental crowns are no longer made from metal or require metal substrates. Ceramic crowns offer all the benefits of natural looking teeth, while also being durable and long-lasting.
Types of Ceramic Crowns
The type of dental ceramic you choose for fabricating your new crown will depend on the tooth’s location, the stress placed on it, and any aesthetic requirements. While certain types of all-ceramic crowns provide more strength for teeth in the back, other types provide more aesthetic results on front teeth.
- All-Ceramic Crown – This crown is made entirely from ceramic and contains no other materials. It is made from a translucent material that is attractive and blends well with your teeth.
- Zirconia – This is a type of all-ceramic crown is often used to improve the appearance of teeth that have become stained or disfigured. It is durable, attractive, and long-lasting.
- E-Max – This type of all-ceramic crown is considered the closest match to your natural teeth. It is strong, long-lasting, and unlikely to crack or fracture. For teeth that are damaged, stained or unhealthy, this crown is a good choice.
Getting an all-ceramic crown is much like getting any other type of crown. Every case requires the tooth to be prepared, an impression taken, and a permanent crown to be cemented in place.
Why Choose Dr. Laskis and Parkview Dentistry for Your Ceramic Crown
In Fountain Hills, there are many fine dentists, but Dr. Laskis stands out from the rest. Due to her commitment to patients and quick response to emergencies, she was named a “Top Doctor” in the 2018 issue of Phoenix Magazine.
Treatment of the whole person is important to Dr. Laskis. Her aim is to provide gentle dentistry for patients to maximize their comfort. Every time she cares for a patient, she treats them as an extension of her own family.
At Parkview Dentistry, we strive to make every visit as pleasant as possible for our patients. We discuss your treatment options with you and do not initiate treatment without your consent. There is no pressure to make a decision right away. If you have any questions or would like to know more about your options, our staff is ready to assist you. Our clients also receive the following benefits:
- Experience: Dr. Laskis is a member of the ADA and the Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry.
- Patience: Our staff is trained to make nervous patients feel more comfortable.
- Flexibility: We offer flexible appointment times to suit your schedule.
Discover the difference a gentle dentist can make when getting a ceramic crown. From financial details to post-procedure instructions, we’ll assist you throughout the process.